Match Between: AUS VS IND
Time & Date : 15th January 2021 at 5.30 am.
Venue : The Gabba
Pitch stats :
It’s a Pacers without disappointing batsman too, but as per stats pacers are having a bit upper hand. The current Australian pacers have good pitch record.
Tim Paine (C), Joe Burns, Cameron Green, Will Pucovski, Steven Smith, David Warner, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Marnus Labuschagne, Michael Neser, Moises Henriques, Matthew Wade, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Nathan Lyon, Sean Abbott, James Pattinson and Mitchell Swepson.
Ajinkya Rahane (C), Mayank Agarwal, Prithvi Shaw, KL Rahul, Cheteshwar Pujara, Hanuma Vihari, Shubman Gill, Rohit Sharma, Wriddhiman Saha, Rishabh Pant, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Shami, Umesh Yadav, Navdeep Saini, Kuldeep Yadav, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammed Siraj.
Probable Playing 11:
David Warner, Marcus Harris, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Travis Head or Cameron Green, Matthew Wade, Tim Paine (C, WK), Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood
Shubman Gill, Rohit Sharma, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Mayank Agarwal or Shaw, Rishabh Pant, Shardul Thakur, Ravichandran Ashwin, T Natarajan or Washington Sundar, Mohammed Siraj, Navdeep Saini
- The Australian pitches are favorite for pacers for day 1, as the ball will swing, etc will be good for pacers due to grass.
- As days progress Day 2 & 3 will be good for batsman a bit favouring because it would have dried out, moist in the pitch would have gone then From day 3 & 4 pitch will support spinners, leading to support spinners at the end of Day 5, this is how the curator progress the pitch. We can’t always consider that spinners won’t pick the wickets during 1st day, it can happen like Batsman is unstable with the test format and slightly prone to spinners & etc. Vice versa can also be considered.
- It’s a bit spin favouring pitch.
- Indian side has many injures, with Bumrah & Jadeja out, Indian side is very much affected.
- It’s a series decider, Australia will be very much happy at looking the current Indian squad, as there is a pool of injuries to the Indian side.
- David Warner is ignored by many he has scored 817 runs in 14 innings at an average of 163 runs. Taken around 32% he is the player who can very good punt pick.
- 2nd leading run scorer at this pitch for australia is Steve smith he has scored 579 runs in 10 innings, his recent form at this pitch is good.
- M Labuschagne is very good at this pitch, he has scored 266 runs in 2 innings. He is local player, this will have very huge impact towards his performance.
- India played test match this pitch was in 2014, where Australia won the match by 4 wickets.
- Current Indian players who has played test match in this pitch Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Ashwin & Rohit Sharma. Apart from these all are new players who will be playing a test match for the first time in this pitch.
- Pujara has scored 61 runs in 2 innings with an average of 30.50, his form is good, can pick him.
- Rohit is trying to play as much as stable shots, he has moderate pitch record, he has scored 32 runs in 2 innings.
- Rahane will be a better pick, because he has scored 91 runs in 2 innings with an highest of 81 runs in an innings, he has huge responsibility. He will give his best for sure.
- Ashwini also has a very bad pitch record, he has taken only 2 wickets in 33.4 overs bowled at this ground.
- The main advantage for Australian side playing local player Labuschagne, Indian playing a test at this pitch at 7 years, with just only 4 players who has played earlier in this pitch.
- Pant / Wade / Paine whom to choose, well Pant will be on a side that can ask him to play a very crucial innings for sure. Wade is having pitch average around 43 and Paine has moderate pitch average, it’s between Wade / Pant will be a good choice.
- Hazlewood is very good pick at this pitch, he has taken 23 wickets with bowling average of 26.65 at this pitch & fiver in last meeting against in India in 2014.
- Starc has taken 23 wickets with bowling average of 27.84 at this pitch.
- Cummins has taken 19 wickets with bowling average of 15.74 at this pitch. He is very very important pick and is in very very good form against India too.
- Lyon has taken 35 wickets with bowling average of 29.37 at this pitch. Lyon is 4 wickets away from 400 wickets mark. It’s Nathan Lyon’s 100th test match.
- Cummins has taken 10WIM against Sri Lanka last year.
- Pitch is very much pacer pitch, So Cummins, Starc, Hazelwood are very much important for the match. Lyon will punt pick.
- Harris will be punt player as he has scored 355 runs in 3 innings with an average of 118 in the sheffield shield, Gill also will be very good player, he is very very good form.
- Green is also very good test player, he will bowl also. He is inform player with fantastic stats.
- One possibility is that chances are too low Mayank can open and Gill can play at 4. Chances are too low.
- Siraj is performing well, Natarajan debut can make him Australian struggle he will be player to watch for sure. In just 4 overs he used to bowl so much of yorkers just imagine him bowling yorkers at pacers heaven The Gabba.
- Saini or Shardul you can rotate them. Both are good & inform too.
- Ashwin will be in the shoes of key all rounder for the Indian team. Mainly because no proper all rounder for the team, he has to bat to his best and he will give best ij bowling for sure.
- It will be thriller for sure, series decider, WTC rankings, India’s pride with such a huge blows to their usual side and mighty revenge seeking Austrian side.
- By out of chances if Neser plays, he can really good punt pick as he is a local player.
- I’m having huge expectations from Rahane & Rohit with bat, Ashwin as crucial all rounder and Natarajan.
- On the other side, it’s expecting huge innings from Warner, Labuschagne & I feel Smith is disturbed with issues which has come up because of the recent issues. Cummins, Starc & Hazelwood on the frontline crucial players for sure.
C/vc options :
- Warner C
- Smith C
- Lambschange C
- Rohit C
- Rahane C
- Cummins Vc
- Hazelwood Vc
- Pujara Vc
Small League Team:
Grand League Team :