Match between: IND vs ENG
Time & Date: 23rd February, 2:30 PM IST
Venue: Motera Stadium, Ahmedabad.
Pitch report: This stadium have 11 clay pitches and six made of red soil and five with black soil, It is the first stadium to use both coloured clays for main and practice pitches, this pitch is good for pace bowling attack and this test played with the Pink Ball at the world’s largest cricket stadium.
Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant, Ravichandran Ashwin, Axar Patel/Kuldeep Yadav, W Sundar, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma/Shardul Thakur/Mohammad Siraj, W Saha, Hardik Pandya, KL Rahul, M Agarwal, Kuldeep Yadav/Axar Patel, Mohammad Siraj/Shardul Thakur/Ishant Sharma.
Rory Burns, Dom Sibley, D Lawrence, Joe Root, Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Dom Bess, Jack Leach, Jofra Archer, Jame Anderson/Stuart Broad, Ben Foakes, Zak Crawley, Ollie Pope, Chris Woakes, O Stone.
Probable playing 11:
Shubman Gill, Rohit Sharma, C Pujara, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Rishabh Pant, Axar Patel, Ravichandran Ashwin, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Ishant Sharma.
Dominic Sibley, Rory Burns/Zak Crawley, Joe Root (C), Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow, Ben Foakes, Ollie Pope, Dom Bess/ Chris Woakes, Jack Leach, Jofra Archer, James Anderson
- Openers from either side struggled in the pink ball Test previously played in India and on a new wicket at a new stadium against the pink ball, it’s wise to stay away from picking openers for your team.
- Virat Kohli one of the top batsmen in the world, having an average of 53.4 recently scored 0,62 runs in this format must have pick in your team.
- Rohit Sharma going to open the bat for IND with an average of 45 scored 2277 runs in 34 matches, he can rotate the strike easily.
- Shubam Gill will open the bat with Rohit Sharma, and scored 259 runs in just 3 matches with an average of 51 good pick in your team last match he is not upto the mark he can settle for some time and can manage to score runs.
- C Pujara no needed to say about him, he played a key role to manage a win against aus, he can play long innings for the team.
- A Rahane is in good touch with bat comes to handle the low oder batting line-up can play long innings with an average of 42 good pick.
- Rishabh Pant wicket keeper left hand batsmen and single handedly won the series against Australia by his knocks with the bat, he already has four half- centuries in the six innings he has played at home since 2018.
- R Ashwin all-rounder from INDIA known for his variations. last match he got man of the match also, he picked 377 wickets in 103 innings with bowl and having an average of 27 with the bat good pick.
- J Bumrah right arm pacer wicket taking bowler picked 79 wickets in 17 games good pick.
- M Siraj is in good touch with bowl from last series, he picked 13 wickets in just 3 matches good pick.
- Joe Root on of the top player from England with an average of 49.5 and scored 8295 runs in 99 matches must pick.
- J Burns opens the bat for ENG Scored 1222 runs at an average of 32.4 in 21 games good pick.
- Ben stokes all rounder must have in your team, having an average of 37.8 and picked 158 wickets in 66 games.
- J Anderson leading wicket taker in this format of the game, picked 607 wickets in 257 games good pick. But outside home he has poor average and at India he struggles a bit.
- Quick Heads up about the crucial key points by Crazykrish:
- Both the teams have lost recent pink ball test matches.
- Virat has very good record in pink ball test and he is 1 century away from breaking Ricky Ponting record.
- Usually pink ball supports pacers and the grass at pitch is looking like to assist pacers, but there can some turn expected.
- Rahane will be punt because urge to perform under pressure and has moderate record in pink ball.
- Anderson and Woakes will be threat due to pitch and ball change.
- Stokes can pick few wickets and can ball well too as the pitch is kinda similar to england pitches.
- Foakes / Pant, both are good but remember Foakes is good player of spin rather than pace. Pant will be safe.
- Rohit Sharma had his day in previous innings, can fail or moderate pick for safe pick and don’t make him c/vc.
- Root failed in previous match will try to give his best for sure. Can bowl few overs. Expecting at least 50 in an innings. He has good record in D/N test so he will be very very important.
- Pujara can be good pick due to defensive mindset and mainly has good stats in pink ball test. So he is kinda aware with the ball.
- Crawley will be big punt, he is very good player he will bat in place Burns as opener, if he bat’s at 3 trust me he will be very very good pick.
- Openers have a threat to Initial swinging balls by pacers, so this can affect getting some runs.
- Sibley consider him player in just 1 innings, in other innings he will fail, but had good run in first match pace attack can bother him a bit.
- Pope / Gill, Gill can be moderate player safe pick and Pope is punt.
- If Woakes is playing just pick him, huge punt pick.
- Everyone will go with Ashwin but pink ball it’s bit difficult for the turn can utilize it for drift, so bowled or lbw can be expected rather than catch for ashwin. Can drop him in one team. But had played well against Australia in day and night test.
- Stokes will be good pick but slight out of form with bat and moderate stats with bat and ball in pink ball.
- Axar can be dropped and taken risk because as I said turn will be bit less so drift balls are needed so bowlers like Axar has less variations.
- Ishant 100th test will be on high urge to perform, for sure 5 wicket haul I feel or at least 2-3 wickets.
- Yadav pink ball specialist for India, will be very very important big punt pick.
- Anderson will be good pick because swing movement, can pick at least 2-3wickets in an innings.
- Bumrah can open up and perform well everything, pitch support and pace.
- Archer can be crucial pick pitch support and ji.
- Leech can be taken in few grand league teams.
- Pink ball is really difficult for the batsman to adjust and later part of the day like when the lights are in, pacers will have huge advantage and batting average against seamers in 3rd test is 24.76 in 3rd session of the day. Pink ball is bit difficult for the batsman for sure.
- Many say pink ball swings more than the red ball, it’s almost wrong, the type of swing changes as per ball becomes old, 20-30 overs there will be good swing later to that it continues on straight.
- All the 3 sessions are very advantageous for seamers and as we saw pitch a bit grass is there, that will be gone as day passes so initial 1-3 days pacers then 4th & 5th day it will spinners will have upped hand.
- Kohli C
- Root C/VC
- Rahane C/VC
- Ashwin C
- Pujara C/VC
- B stokes C/VC
- Crawley Vc
- J Anderson C/VC
DREAM11 SMALL LEAGUE TEAM: Updated
DREAM11 GRAND LEAGUE TEAM: Updated