Welcome to the preview the great Indian premier league, the most excited and thrilling Cricket T20 league ever in the world.
Match between : DC vs CSK
Date & Time : 17th September 2020 7.30pm IST.
Venue : Sharjah Cricket Stadium
Where to watch ?: Hotstar & Star Sports
Weather Report :
Ball & dew factor info:
Ball used : Kookaburra Turf ball
Dew ( Weatness in the pitch)- tiny droplets will be there as day pass towards night, it will affect the bowler very much because the ball will become slippery so for pacers difficult to maintain line and for Spinners there will be less spin.
As per weather Report the on 17th October 2020, dew factor is around 8° – 10°,this will very important for the team to choose batting & bowling, so batting 2nd will have a bit advantage don’t ignore that batsman will also have slight disadvantage as the ball will move slowly in the ground. Dew Point it’s very low, this won’t affect much.
As the wind movement is moderate 7 Km/H at match beginning and reduces (4 Km/H) as the time pass on so in 2nd innings ball swing movement might be low. Totally it supports spinners as there is less grass on the pitch, infact almost no grass, so spinners will be helpful but ground is very short, but rather spinners in the recent time pacers have good advantage because short boundaries spinners face difficulty simple loft can go to six in Sharjah in Abu Dhabi & Dubai it’s a catch. Usually pitch swapping is happening for some grass is there means pacers helpful and dry means spinners but length also matters keep this in mind. But in recent matches the scoring rate has drastically reduced and even no of sixes have Also been reduced
Very important stat is that batting 2nd & winning stats is bit low. Out of 13 matches only 3 wins was achieved by chasing, above stats is as per T20I
In the year 2014, for 15-16 days IPL 7 had held in Dubai International stadiym, where in this pitch 6 matches had happened out of which 4 matches batting 2nd has won by chasing, 2 matches batting 1st has won.
Current season(2020) 7 matches has happened, Batting 1st has won Five times and batting 2nd team has won twice. Twice chasing team has crossed 200+ runs that means they had almost chased the target. The pitch is literally slowing down, in recent matches crossing 180 was a big task, can expect the same wear and tire of pitch I feel.
Important note: This is a different pitch, it’s a bit dry, the short boundaries is mattering alot in Sharjah, so expect the balls to be lost for sure.
🗣️| "At some stage all of you thought that the game is slipping away?"@RickyPonting praises the efforts of the boys for hanging in despite a shaky start 🙌👏#DCvRR #Dream11IPL #YehHaiNayiDilli pic.twitter.com/rPdA8sZCV6— Delhi Capitals (Tweeting from 🇦🇪) (@DelhiCapitals) October 16, 2020
Shreyas Iyer (C), Prithvi Shaw, Ajinkya Rahane, Shikhar Dhawan, Anrich Nortje, Ishant Sharma, Amit Mishra, Avesh Khan, Sandeep Lamichhane, Kagiso Rabada, Keemo Paul, Mohit Sharma, Lalit Yadav, Axar Patel, Harshal Patel, Ravi Ashwin, Marcus Stoinis, Daniel Sams, Rishabh Pant, Alex Carey, Shimron Hetmyer and Tushar Deshpande
M S Dhoni (captain, wk), M Vijay, Ambati Rayudu, Faf du Plessis, Shane Watson, Kedar Jadhav, Dwayne Bravo, Ravindra Jadeja, Lungi Ngidi, Deepak Chahar, Piyush Chawla, Imran Tahir, Mitchell Santner, Josh Hazlewood, Shardul Thakur, Sam Curran, N Jagadeesan, K M Asif, Monu Kumar, R Sai Kishore, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Karn Sharma
Probable Playing 11:
Shikhar Dhawan, Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer (C), Rishabh Pant/Rahane,Hetmyer/Carey, Marcus Stoinis, Ravi Ashwin,A Patel, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje,Tushar
Sam Curran, Faf Du Plessis, Shane Watson,Ambati Rayudu , MS Dhoni (wk) (c), Ravindra Jadeja, Karn Sharma, Bravo,Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar , Piyush Chawla / Rutraj / Jadhav
- Dhoni vs Carey, obviously Dhoni is a good pick because bats up the order in good form too.
- Short ground means slight power hitters can be useful, Watson, Dhawan, Iyer, Stoinis.
- The pitch is slow I accept, but short boundaries is slightly favourable to the batsman.
- Toss plays a crucial role, 1st batting team more bowlers is slightly preferable.
- Faf and Watson are good decent picks, preferably Watson because of recent form and record.
- Dhawan decent record against CSK & in good form too.
- Shaw struggles against chahar might fail tomorrow.
- Rayudu/ Iyer – both or pick one of them, Iyer is due for performance and Rayudu is in good touch.
- Rahane is in must perform situation, failed in 2 matches, trump pick I feel.
- Good all rounder selections are there, must picks are Curran & Stoinis, Curran opens & can bowl too, Stoinis huge muscle + power hitter & short ground, will bowl too, good decent pick from DC, can be promoted to bat up too.
- Jadeja / Bravo / Axar can pick 2 or 1 of them among these three, Watson struggles against Axar, axar is clearly punt pick as most of the CSK batsman struggle against Axar, Bravo is better because death bowling and cutters can be useful in slow pitches, spinners can struggle a bit in this ground, so can take risk by dropping Jadeja.
- If DC bowl 2nd, Rabada can be very much crucial, in red hot form, will be important pick from DC.
- Notrje isn’t consistent, as he rocked in previous match, might fail in this match let’s take Shardul in place of him, as he can be a bit helpful.
- Chahar is punt pick, under performed fill now can pick shaw tomorrow.
- So Rabada & Shardul are must, so toss up between chahar/Deshpande/Karan/Piyush, comparatively Chahar is better pick, next pick is Karan.
- Ashwin will be crucial playing aginst his ex franchise, can bowl in power play too.
- In Sharjah DC struggled, so Stoinis came as saviour.
- Dhawan C
- Faf C
- Watson C
- Sam Curran C
- Rayudu Vc
- Iyer Vc
- Stoinis C
- Dhoni Vc
- Rabada Vc
- Rahane Vc*
- Axar C*
- Bravo Vc*
- Ashwin Vc*
C picks are also Vc picks
* Indicates only in GL
Must Have Players:
Small League Team:
Grand League Team:
Thanks for reading, please join our channel for real-time updates