Welcome to the preview the great Indian premier league, the most excited and thrilling Cricket T20 league ever in the world.
Match between : MI VS KXIP
Date & Time : 18th October 2020 7.30pm IST.
Venue : Dubai International Stadium
Where to watch ?: Hotstar & Star Sports
Weather Report :
Ball & dew factor info:
Ball used : Kookaburra Turf ball
Dew ( Weatness in the pitch- tiny droplets will be there as day pass towards night, it will affect the bowler very much because the ball will become slippery so for pacers difficult to maintain line and for Spinners there will be less spin.
As per weather Report the on 18th October 2020, dew factor is around 13-12°,this will very important for the team to choose batting & bowling, so batting 2nd will have a bit advantage don’t ignore that batsman will also have slight disadvantage as the ball will move slowly in the ground. As your saw in previous match 2nd innings bowlers facing difficulty.
As the wind movement is moderate 22 Km/H at match beginning and reduces 11Km/H as the time pass on so in 2nd innings, 2nd innings chasing might be easy.
Very important stat is that batting 2nd & winning stats is bit low. Out of 30 matches only 5 wins was achieved by chasing, above stats is as per T20I
In the year 2014, for 15-16 days IPL 7 had held in Dubai International stadiym, where in this pitch 7 matches had happened out of which 5 matches batting 2nd has won by chasing, 2 matches batting 1st has won.
Current season(2020) 15 matches has happened, 10 matches batting 1st has won & 2 match super over, so batting 1st has a bit more chances of winning as of now and Batting 2nd has won Thrice . Pitch had become high scoring, but again coming around 160 runs.
Spinners + Pacers are also getting advantage, 2nd innings team is losing more wickets will picking bowlers make a note of this point, the pitch as become less grass & a bit dry. Except KXIP vs CSK match where Watson & Faf Du Plessis perfomed so well.
Rohit Sharma (C), Saurabh Tiwary, Chris Lynn, Anmolpreet Singh, Suryakumar Yadav, Krunal Pandya, Hardik Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Anukul Roy, Prince Balwant Rai, Sherfane Rutherford, Jasprit Bumrah, James Pattinson, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Trent Boult, Dhawal Kulkarni, Rahul Chahar, Jayant Yadav, Mitchell McClenaghan, Quinton de Kock, Ishan Kishan, Aditya Tare, Digvijay Deshmukh and Mohsin Khan
KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Karun Nair, Nicholas Pooran, Sarfaraz Khan, Glenn Maxwell, Krishnappa Gowtham, Chris Jordan, Sheldon Cottrell, Mohammed Shami, Ravi Bishnoi, Murugan Ashwin, Hardus Viljoen, Ishan Porel, Tajinder Singh, Darshan Nalkande, Arshdeep Singh, Simran Singh, Harpreet Brar, Chris Gayle, Deepak Hooda, Mandeep Singh, James Neesham, Jagadeesha Suchith, Mujeeb Ur Rahman
Probable Playing 11:
Quinton de Kock (WK), Rohit Sharma (C), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Krunal Pandya, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Rahul Chahar/Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult/Mitchel and James Pattinson/Nathan Coulter Nile
KL Rahul (C, wk),Mayank Agarwal,Chris Gayle, Pooran,Hooda, Glenn Maxwell, Murgan Ashwin/Gowtham, Arshadeep, Mujeeb, Jordan, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami
- MI has almost qualified for the playoffs, so they might rotate few players, if this happens KXIP has huge chances to win.
- Even though they have won, still KXIP haven’t finalized the playing 11, too much tinkering they are doing with the batting order and players.
- Rahul is best pick for tomorrow from WK section, because pitch change for MI and QDK has moderate record in this pitch, so remember this. Expecting 35+ runs.
- Kishan might get some exposure tomorrow if top order fails, he is good at Chasing. Has slight record in this pitch.
- KXIP has got reliable 1down batsman and 2down Batsman which make the team stronger.
- Pooran is punt pick, he is must if KXIP is chasing, he will be more like a finsiher.
- Rohit has moderate record over KXIP and very bad average in this ground, we can take slight risk by not making him C/vc, we can’t drop that’s huge risk but if works it’s worth it. Expecting 25+ runs.
- Even Surya Kumar Yadav struggles here, can take slight risk by dropping him and he even doesn’t have great record against KXIP. Expecting 10+ runs.
- If go by stats, Mayank has moderate record against KXIP and this ground, I feel both worth for C/vc, but should be in team i feel, expecting 20+ runs.
- Hardik is not able to give his best, struggling with bat and due injury he isn’t able to bowl, I feel he too has moderate record in this pitch and against KXIP.
- D Hooda is mini / gl pick as a finisher, he plays well at 1 innings rather than 2 innings.
- Pollard is must has some connection with MOM when these 2 teams meet, in 2019 also he won MOM against KXIP, in 2020 also he has won MOM against KXIP & he has won MOM, will be very good pick I feel, he has 60+ runs in this season when they met against RCB which led to super over , these stats can make me feel.he is ignored by 67% which is very much clear punt pick for your team.
- Maxwell is batting very low, will be like finsiher, often bowling not picking wickets. Try him in mini gl & gl.
- Krunal Pandya can bat up, MI management might provide Krunal gl get more exposure.
- The team which bats first has lost 5+ wickets in most of the cases and where as the team which bats has lost 7+ wickets in most of the times.
- Both spinners & pacers have good advantage in this pitch,
- Shami & Bumrah can be good picks in this pitch + Boult too, they will pick atleast 1-2 wickets, Shami is vc pick only if Target is above 190+ and MI is chasing it & where as Bumrah is vc pick when the target is 170+ and KXIP is chasing it, can use this for sl / mini gl tip.
- NCN / Jordan, both are decent picks but remember Jordan is very good death bowler and T20 player slightly out of form, can come back any day & NCN is like a bit consistent bowler expecting 1+ Wicket.
- Bishnoi/Ashwin/Chahar / A Singh, can pick any 1 and max to max 2 in sl / mini gl teams with above mentioned options. Can pick 3 bowlers from above options in gl.
- Rahul C
- Mayank C
- QDK C
- Pollard C
- Rohit Vc
- Surya Vc
- Gayle C
- Shami Vc
- Bumrah Vc
- Pooran Vc
- Maxwell Vc*
- Hooda C*
- Boult Vc*
- Krunal Vc*
C picks are also Vc picks
* Indicates only in GL
Must Have Players:
Small League Team:
Grand League Team:
Thanks for reading, please join our channel for real-time updates