Match Between: SA VS ENG
Time & Date : 27th November 2020 at 9.30 pm.
Venue : Newlands Cricket Ground, Capetown
It’s a good pitch to bat on, highest score in this pitch is 193 runs and lowest is 96.
South Africa has low winning rate at this pitch.
It’s difficult to chase at this pitch and winning chances are high of batting 1st team.
Quinton de Kock (C), Temba Bavuma, Faf du Plessis, Reeza Hendricks, Janneman Malan, David Miller, Rassie van der Dussen, George Linde, JJ Smuts, Andile Phehlukwayo, Dwaine Pretorius, Heinrich Klaasen, Pite van Biljon, Kyle Verreynne, Junior Dala, Bjorn Fortuin, Beuran Hendricks, Keshav Maharaj, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada, Tabriaz Shamsi, Lutho Sipamla and Glenton Stuurman
Eoin Morgan (C), Dawid Malan, Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Ben Stokes, Sam Curran, Tom Curran, Sam Billings, Jofra Archer, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Reece Topley and Mark Wood
Probable Playing 11:
Quinton de Kock (C&WK), Reeza Hendricks/Janneman Malan, Faf du Plessis, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Heinrich Klaasen, Andile Phehlukwayo/Dwaine Pretorius, Lungi Ngidi, Anrich Nortje, Kagiso Rabada and Tabraiz Shamsi
Jos Buttler (WK), Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Dawid Malan, Eoin Morgan (C), Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali, Tom Curran, Chris Jordan, Jofra Archer and Adil Rashid
- QDK is fantastic form and it’s his homeground he will perform for sure. Expecting atleast 30 runs from him. But one major point that’s holding me back is that his record at this pitch is very low like in 4 Innings he has scored 69 runs.
- I feel Dussen, Malan, Billings, Phehlukwayo are really good punt picks.
- Malan is very very good T20 player taken by less % worth the shot.
- Stokes can be very effective with both bat & ball and in IPL he scored a century too.
- Billings is slightly underrated, but has lot of good talent, he is in very very good form.
- Morgan is in decent form and even Faf Du Plessis also, they will will really good picks like kinda safe pick.
- Baristow and Butler had on & off team form, not very good form in IPL but Butler was in fanatsic form pre IPL, so can be good pick.
- Tom Curran had good bowling figures in practice so we can expect the same I feel, risky punt pick.
- S Curran is in red hot form with bat & ball, he will be finisher.
- As chasing is bit difficult we can expect nail biting thriller, I feel batting 1st team will lose atleast 3+ wickets and batting 2nd team will lose 5+ wickets, so plan accordingly.
- Archer & Rabada will be ideal choice for everyone, though Rabada had on and off form in IPL season, I feel they will pick 1 wicket atleast.
- We saw Notrje in good form at IPL, Nigidi is really at 2nd innings bowling so he will be must pick and whereas Notrje fails to perform at international stage, this is one of the reason I feel he can fail just an instict.
- On 26th February 2020 Australia and South Africa had played on the same venue, SA got all out for 96 runs while chasing, so chasing is bit difficult at this Ground, if batting 1st team scores 170+ runs then it’s very very difficult for chasing team to chase the target.
- Tahir is the leading Wicket taker at this pitch but he is not in the squad, so Rashid is very similar bowler like Tahir, run up and action is almost similar, so can expect atleast 1-2 wickets for him, he can be very much crucial if SA is chasing.
- Jordan is T20 specialist, he bowls at death, can be slightly punt pick.
C/vc options :
- QDK C
- Stokes C
- Malan C
- Faf C
- Phehlukwayo Vc
- S Curran Vc
- Butler Vc
- Morgan Vc
Small League Team:
Grand League Team:
Thanks for reading, Please join below channels for final teams.