Match between: IND vs ENG
Time & Date: 23rdMarch 2021, 1.30 PM IST
Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
Pitch report: It’s a very well balanced pitch, infact it’s helpful to batsman and bowlers too, pacers will have upper hand in the initial overs later on spinners will have upper hand.
Virat Kohli (C), Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, Rishabh Pant, KL Rahul, Shardul Thakur, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, T Natarajan, Mohd Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal
Eoin Morgan (C), Liam Livingstone, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jason Roy, Mark Wood, Adil Rashid, Sam Curran, Matt Parkinson, Tom Curran, Sam Billings, and Reece Topley.
Probable playing 11:
Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (C), Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (WK), Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Shardul Thakur, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal and T Natarajan
Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Liam Livingstone, Eoin Morgan (C), Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler (WK), Moeen Ali/Sam Billings, Sam Curran, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood and Reece Topley/Tom Curran
- It’s that first of the series, that routine thing is happening with India, losing 1st match of the series and later on winning the series.
- So I feel it will be good contest where 300+ target is expected infact 350+ too.
- In WK section Butler will have a finisher role, it’s first match so England can score more with top order rather than middle order firing runs at death. Pant is taken by 45%, so compared Butler he is put can fetch some points.
- Roy is can score 50+ good form and pitch record too , Bairstow is under pressure to perform can be hit or miss type, so in safe teams please drop him and take other player.
- Rohit has moderate record at this pitch I feel, he can score around 30runs and fail, for risky move don’t pick him take some risk On Shikhar mainly because he has to prove himself under this sever competition by youngsters, he is under pressure to perform, where as safe move is pick Rohit and don’t make him c/vc.
- Virat is must, very very good pitch stats and has got is form back and even aggression too, No. 1 ODI batsman, will be good pick for captain / vice captain.
- Liam Livingstone finally can get an opportunity to prove himself, for sure he don’t want to waste it, he will be punt pick or Billings can also play, both are in good form and Livingstone in upper hand.
- Eoin Morgan will have more responsibility, he will try to give some quick runs and he is aggressive batsman too, slightly out of form but can perform when others players are playing well.
- Iyer will be that No. 4 player for his good stats at that position will support Kohli well too when he bat’s at 4.
- KL or Surya or 6th Bowling option, but this decision can be crucial and match decider decision make note of this point. KL Rahul out of form can bat well once he settled at crease, Surya in red hot form will be more like Finisher role. 6th bowling option Krunal or Sundar, can go with Krunal due to he is bit aware of this pitch and Sundar is also good pick.
- H Pandya & Ben Stokes the perfect all-rounders, who is best all rounder, Stokes has good pitch record and Pandya is bowling well too, I feel both are must. Stokes Vc Pick and Pandya too.
- Sam Curran opportunity to prove himself, initial swing can help him to pick wickets.
- Ali will be that crucial spinner at middle overs who can trouble Indian middle order but he is slighty out of form try him in Mini Gl and etc..
- Must have bowlers – Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Rashid, both are really good players in ODI, they will play huge role for sure.
- Worth picks Shardul, T Natarajan or Siraj, can go with Natarajan.
- Chahal the lead spinner assisting Krunal or Sundar, he Will pick at least 1 wicket.
- Wood Safe and in good form and Topley is very good experienced domestic player has very good urge to perform.
- If England bat first expecting 350+ runs and if India bat first the score will be around 300 runs, it be close match with possibly England winning the match it’s just a intuition.
- Kohli C
- Roy Vc
- Stokes C
- M Ali Vc
- Shikar Vc
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar Vc