Match between: IND vs ENG
Time & Date: 26th March 2021, 1.30 PM IST
Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
Pitch report: It’s a very well balanced pitch, infact it’s helpful to batsman and bowlers too, pacers will have upper hand in the initial overs later on spinners will have upper hand.
Virat Kohli (C), Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Suryakumar Yadav, Shikhar Dhawan, Shreyas Iyer, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Washington Sundar, Rishabh Pant, KL Rahul, Shardul Thakur, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, T Natarajan, Mohd Siraj, Prasidh Krishna, Kuldeep Yadav and Yuzvendra Chahal
Eoin Morgan (C), Liam Livingstone, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, Moeen Ali, Jonny Bairstow, Jason Roy, Mark Wood, Adil Rashid, Sam Curran, Matt Parkinson, Tom Curran, Sam Billings, and Reece Topley.
Probable playing 11:
Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (C), Suryakumar Yadav/Pant, KL Rahul (WK), Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Shardul Thakur, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal and T Natarajan
Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow,Ben Stokes, David Malan, Jos Buttler(C) (WK), Liam Livingstone, Moeen Ali/Sam Billings, Sam Curran, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood and Reece Topley/Tom Curran
- So I feel it will be good contest where 300+ target is expected infact 350+ too.
- In WK section Butler will have a finisher role, it’s first match so England can score more with top order rather than middle order firing runs at death. Rahul – Safe as per % selection, Buttler – Huge Responsibility of captaincy, can give his best.
- Roy is can score 50+ good form and pitch record too, Baristow found his touch in previous but I doubt he will continue the same, can fail I guess,
- Rohit has moderate record at this pitch I feel, as predicted last time he failed this time but this he can play well can score 50+ for sure. Shikar can have moderate innings and get around 30-40 runs.
- Virat is must, very very good pitch stats and has got is form back and even aggression too, No. 1 ODI batsman, will be good pick for captain / vice captain.
- Liam Livingstone finally can get an opportunity to prove himself, for sure he don’t want to waste it, he will be punt pick or David Malan the T20I star will be in important pick ignored by many he can play this also well, both are in good form and Livingstone in upper hand.
- Time for Surya’s ODI debut, you know he is very very good form can score some huge runs, and he will be very much aware these pitches will be that No. 4 player for his good stats at that position will support Kohli well too when he bat’s at 4.
- KL Rahul he can bat well once he settled at crease will be safe ideal pick, Krunal can go with Krunal due to he is bit aware of this pitch and had a good knock too.
- H Pandya & Ben Stokes the perfect all-rounders, who is best all rounder, Stokes has good pitch record and Pandya is bowling well too, I feel both are must. Stokes Vc Pick and Pandya too.
- Sam Curran opportunity to prove himself, initial swing can help him to pick wickets.
- Ali will be that crucial spinner at middle overs who can trouble Indian middle order but he is slightly out of form try him in Mini Gl and etc..
- Must have bowlers – Shardul Thakur and Wood both are really good players in ODI, they will play huge role for sure.
- Worth picks Bhuvi, P Krishna,
- Chahal can be the lead spinner assisting Krunal, as Kuldeep had moderate outing in last match, he Will pick at least 1 wicket.
- Wood Safe and in good form and Topley is very good experienced domestic player has very good urge to perform.
- If England bat first expecting 350+ runs and if India bat first the score will be around 300 runs, it be close match with possibly India winning the series with the match against the wounded injured England team.
- I’m sensing a high score game as Liam, Malan, Surya & etc who are very strong and can score quick runs too.
- Kohli C
- Rohit C
- Stokes C
- Roy Vc
- Hardik Vc GL
- Malan Vc