Match Between: MI vs RCB
Date & Time: 9th April 2021 at 7.30PM
Venue: MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
Pitch Report: Low scoring pitch, Average score is around 156, par score will be 163+. Spinners has better average at this pitch rather than pacers.
Rohit Sharma, Aditya Tare, Anmolpreet Singh, Anukul Roy, Dhawal Kulkarni, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan, Jasprit Bumrah, Jayant Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Quinton de Kock, Rahul Chahar, Suryakumar Yadav, Chris Lynn, Mohsin Khan, Saurabh Tiwary, Trent Boult, Adam Milne, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Piyush Chawla, James Neeshan, Yudhvir Charak, Marco Jansen, Arjun Tendulkar
Virat Kohli, AB de Villiers, Yuzvendra Chahal, Devdutt Padikkal, Harshal Patel, Daniel Sams, Washington Sundar, Mohammed Siraj, Navdeep Saini, Adam Zampa, Shahbaz Ahmed, Kane Richardson, Pavan Deshpande, Glenn Maxwell, Sachin Baby, Rajat Patidar, Mohammed Azharuddeen, Kyle Jamieson, Dan Christian, Suyesh Prabhudessai, K.S. Bharat, Finn Allen
Probable Playing 11:
Chris Lynn, Rohit Sharma (C), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan (WK), Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Rahul Chahar, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult and Nathan Coulter-Nile/Adam Milne
Big man. Big hits. Big match player. 🔥— Mumbai Indians (@mipaltan) April 8, 2021
Kieron Pollard hits the nets for the first time ahead of tomorrow's #IPL2021 opener 💙#OneFamily #MumbaiIndians #MI #MIvRCB @KieronPollard55 pic.twitter.com/E9LYI0iZnB
Virat Kohli (C), Mohammed Azharuddeen/ Devdutt Padikkal , AB de Villiers (WK), Glenn Maxwell, Rajat Patidar/Suyash Prabudessai, Daniel Christian, Washington Sundar, Kyle Jamieson, Mohammed Siraj, Navdeep Saini and Yuzvendra Chahal
Wicker Keeper :
- Ab De Villiers – Good pick, urge to perform has very good stats against Mumbai Indians. Has scored 634 runs against Mumbai Indians.
- Ishan Kishan – can’t forget his 99 runs in previous in IPL 2020, he is in good form but the main point is he is playing at slow pitch, it can be slight difficult for him to score.
- M Azharuddeen – Debut match, can give his best, scored 37 ball century in Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy, hope he utilizes his opportunity.
- Rohit Sharma – In good form, usually fails in 1st match of the IPL, slight risky move is drop him and take risk or safe move is pick him don’t make him captain or vice-captain. Expecting less than 20 runs.
- Virat Kohli – Highest run scorer against MI, in good form, played well as opener. Good Captaincy pick. Has scored 695 runs against Mumbai Indians.
- Surya Kumar Yadav – Must pick in fantastic form, has scored 179 runs vs RCB.
- Chris Lynn slight out of form, but will try to utilize his chance until De Kock returns, very aggressive batsman and loves to play in India. Can ignite anytime.
- Maxwell in very good form, failed last year, not happens every year though, very aggressive batsman and part time bowler, can be effective in this pitch as he is a good player of spin. Was working well on reverse sweep. Expecting 30+ runs.
- Hardik Pandya – In good form, started bowling too, safe pick. Worth the credits.
- Kieron Pollard – If MI is chasing must have mainly due to his stats against Royal Challengers Bangalore, has scored 539 runs & 12 Wickets vs RCB, can bowl 1-2 overs but chances are too low.
- Sundar/Krunal – both can be effective mainly due to pitch, It’s homeground for Washington Sundar if you know what I mean, he is very much aware of this pitch, has played a big list of matches like TNPL, SMAT & etc. Taken by 18% Sundar is slightly preferred over Krunal because of form and homeground advantage. Krunal in good form he is also taken by 15%.
- Daniel Christian will be finisher and started to bowl really well after a major change in his action, he is an elite T20 player with great T20 experience, for sure he will be ignored by many, but can be very effective for sure, Punt pick.
- Yuzvendra Chahal – 21 Wickets vs MI, pitch support hence he is must pick. Expecting 2 Wickets for sure.
- Jasprit Bumrah – 19 Wickets vs RCB, in good form, can be effective.
- Boult – In very good form but can be like moderate effective, instead of pace his ball angling will be stressed due to pitch.
- Siraj – He is more like Right Arm version of Boult, bowls around 125-140+, but loves to swing the ball, so it can be effective here but not much.
- Rahul Chahar – Will be important pick ignored by many, has good pitch support and is in good form too. Expecting 1+ wicket for sure.
- Navdeep Saini – He Stress more on pace rather than swing, so he can but less effective, slight risky pick I feel.
- Kyle Jamieson – Tall & Good swing bowler, he is having good line & Length. Moderate pick ignored by many.
- Milne / Nathan Coulter-Nile, Milne can be effective in defending and Nathan Coulter-Nile in bowling first, Nathan Coulter-Nile is swing bowler, can be effective. Milne is more like strict to line & length bowler.
Match Ups To Watch out :
- Chahal vs Pollard – 4 times dismissed.
- Virat Kohli vs Bumrah – 3 times dismissed.
- Ab De Villiers vs Krunal – 4 times dismissed.
C & Vc Picks:
- Virat Kohli C
- Ab De Villiers C
- Maxwell C
- Surya Kumar C
- Pollard Vc
- Hardik Vc
- Ishan GL Vc
- Christian GL C
- Chahal GL C
- Chahar GL C
Note : C picks can also be made as Vc too.
Dream11 Reference Team:
Dream11 Small League Team:
Dream11 Grand League Team:
Thanks for reading, please join below groups and install our app for latest and exclusive updates.